Work at Adorn
Part Time Position - Shop Assistant
Working experience in a similar role a plus but not necessary.
- Must be well presented, reliable, on time, responsible and well spoken.
- Responsibilities include customer service, keeping the shop tidy, cash handling, basic jewelry assembly as below and packing orders.
- Willingness to learn new skills is key!
- Tagging and pricing finished jewelry pieces.
- Assist in other areas as directed.
- Any experience with basic knotting and beading work a plus!
- Basic jewelry assembly may include: wire-wrapping with various types gems, pearls, shells onto finished pieces of jewelry; assembling pieces by adding jump rings, ear wires, chain cutting, and clasps.
- Must be able to travel to Pacific Harbour, Fiji location 8am to 5pm, we are open Monday to Saturday. Working days may vary.
Full Time Position - Assistant Jeweler
Minimum of 3 years of working experience in a similar role, with skills as outlined below.
- Must be able to work both together with Sandy and on their own in jewelry workshop.
- Finishing of jewelry, sanding, filing and polishing jewelry using various buffing machinery.
- Use flex shaft for drilling, sanding, clean up processes etc.
- Solid knowledge of materials and tools of the jewelry trade, experience with gemstones and pearls a plus.
- Comfortable holding consultations with commissioning clients, discuss a client's range of options and formulate original ideas, sketch out ideas to help the client visualise the finished design
- Experience in carving and finishing Mother of Pearl. Grinding, cutting, polishing etc.
- Restoring old or broken pieces, as well as simple clasp or link repairs
- Repairing, reshaping, and restyling of jewelry by replacing broken parts or using hand tools and machines
- Assist in casting and mold making.
- Solid experience in soldering sterling silver and gold
- Mounting, model making, stamping and presswork, fabrication, stone setting such as flush setting, claw setting experience a plus
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Works in a Safe and Responsible manner, adhering to all safety standards and procedures to reduce and eliminate accidents.
- Must be able to keep a safe and organised workshop, and help to create workflow.
- Can maintain stock – Ensures that gold and silver stock, findings, and loose stones are properly maintained and accounted for by accurately completing paperwork and properly storing materials.
- Can reproduce ‘made to order’ styles from online store with size, stone and metal variations.
- Bezel forming and setting
- Make all findings from scratch, rings, bezels, claw rings, jumprings, headpins, ear hooks, bails. We do not purchase premade.
- Must be able to travel to Pacific Harbour, Fiji location 8am to 5pm, 5 days a week.
If you think you have some but not all of the above skills such as experienced in mother of pearl carving etc please contact us and we might be able to work out a part time position.
Freelance Product Photography
• Must have own SLR, light box and provide edited images to our website specs.
• Must have macro lenses for small product photography.
• Must be able to work on own in our Pacific Harbour showroom.
• Must be able to produce sharp clear images in the same style or our current website product shots.
Apply with portfolio samples via email email@example.com
Casual Position - Female Model
- Must be well presented, have well groomed nails and hair
- Live in or in close proximity to Pacific Harbour
- Schedule for shoots may vary, once a week for 2-3 hours
- We shoot our jewelry on our models which requires close up product shots
Looking for a quality consistent supply of Masi and Vau - email firstname.lastname@example.org